Sunday, March 11, 2012

Zark's - Burger from Hell

We finally had a chance to try Zark's Burger which is just across the De La Salle University and near my daughter's school. Since yesterday was family day at their school, we decided to try it out instead of the usual food being sold in their school.

Zark's is about 2 blocks away but since it was a little bit cloudy it was not that hot to walk to the restaurant. It is located on the second floor, on top of the Army Navy Restaurant. Being a Sunday, I guess the clients would be a lot less than usual.

 Seated and with the menu on hand, we start to pick out what to order. I originally ordered the burger from hell while my wife wanted a buffalo wings. However, they didn't have them. Wanting something spicy, I asked for the El Loko Baka instead which the menu said was Zark's version of tex-mex burger with home-made salsa and cheese. My wife ordered the Stone Cold Stunner, a double cheeseburger with bacon, lettuce and tomato, plus onion and mushrooms. The latter came with fries and bottomless iced tea, while I had to add P60 for a serving of fries and iced tea.

https://www.facebook.com/zarksburgers
The verdict: my burger was deliciously greasy and juicy but not as spicy as I would have wanted it being a tex-mex burger. Didn't use the knife and fork that came with my burger and using my hands instead, consuming the burger became messy that I had to ask for extra napkin.
My wife's burger was so huge that she decided to share it with our daughter. A double bacon cheeseburger with lettuce, tomato, onions and mushrooms, she opted to use the supplied knife and fork to devour it, ha ha ha. My daughter was so full that she can still taste the burger when she burps 4 hours after we ate.
While we were at Zark's some members of the the Philippine Dragonboat Rowing Team arrived and three of them decided to take on the Jawbreaker Challenge, a test of one's speed and endurance in finishing in five minutes a triple cheeseburger with spam, bacon and cheese sauce with a serving of fries and one glass of iced tea. A film crew which also happened to be there decided to record the event.
Crew recording the challenge
Getting ready to take on the challenge

 a short clip of the challengers
 The middle guy finishing everything in less than 5 minutes
Feeling full and getting free entertainment, we went back to play bingo at my daughter's family day.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I may be a little maarte and weird but I don't like greasy burgers. Don't get me wrong. I love brugers! I just don't like them too greasy. Hehehe! =)

Unknown said...

same here tin.. pero once in a while i do deviate from the usual, ha ha ha

Anonymous said...

Niceeee! Now I know kung saan ko dadalhin ang BF ko pag uwi ng Pinas. He really really want to eat a very nice amd big burger. Thanks for sharing... :D

Unknown said...

In case your interested, Zark's has a new branch at BF Sucat :)

i♥pinkc00kies said...

i liked this.. but i opted for just the simplest burger they have-- Tomahawk, the cheeseburger i think! :D it's yummy.

Unknown said...

cookie, i guess that's really your taste. simple but yummy. even at mcdonald's u prefer their cheeseburger too, right?