Sunday, November 18, 2012

Joey Pepperoni's Pizza

This is not the first time we ate at Joey Pepperoni and always it's at the SM MOA. But this time was kinda urgent. The voucher we bought a few months back was about to expire last Friday. Coupled with that, our daughter had a school activity the same night: reading camp.
It was a good thing my wife checked the expiry a few days before because you have to get a reservation a few days before you avail of the voucher.

Right after the school activity at about past 8 PM, we headed directly to SM MOA as the restaurant closes at 10 PM. I dropped my wife and daughter infront of the SM Department Store so that they can order ahead while I find a parking space.
As it was already past 9 when we got there and we still haven't had dinner yet, my wife decided to have an order of carbonara aside from the 4 glasses of pizza and 4 Junior Pizzas: Joey Pepperoni, Quattro Formaggi, Taco Pizza and Margherita.
The first to arrive was the carbonara, a pasta with alfredo sauce, bacon bits, and parmesan cheese and served with a bread stick. My wife and daughter shared it as I was excitedly waiting for the pizza. I was able to taste the leftover sauce though and it was just right, not too rich as I had thought earlier.
Then came the four 5-inch pizzas which was served in a single tray together with the iced tea. It was served really hot and what I liked about it is the crispiness of the crust and the chewiness of the toppings. I don't know if it was hunger due to our late dinner or what, but for the first time I really appreciated how the pizza of Joey P tasted.
I guess we will have to return again one of these days to validate if we were not just hungry that is why it tasted really good, he he he

No comments: